IGNOU B.ED ONLINE APPLICATION FORM REGISTRATION OPEN & LAST DATE & FEE DETAILS AND IMPORTANT DATES & ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS
ABOUT THE BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (B.ED.) PROGRAMME
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of teaching-learning process at upper
primary/secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers. It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate holistically the theory and practices to facilitate active engagement of learners for knowledge creation.
The minimum duration of the programme is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the programme is five years.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION: English and Hindi medium
- at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto,
- The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
- Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
- Masters’ Degree awarded without a first degree is not accepted for purpose of Academic Studies in
- Only those candidates, whose results are declared and are qualified at the time of submitting the entrance form are eligible. The applications would not be considered even though they appear and qualify in the entrance test, if they are not fulfilling minimum eligibility at the time of submitting the application form for entrance test.
- The candidates are also advised to carefully read the instructions given under 2.1 and 2.2 of e-prospectus in particular about the Educational Qualifications awarded by the Private and other Universities on the matters related territorial jurisdiction, duration of degree etc. and other rules before submitting the application form.
- Trained Teacher: As per NCTE, (Recognised Norms & Procedure) Regulations, 2014. Frequently
Asked Questions on ODL Programmes (available at www.ncte-india.org/ncte_new/pdf/faq_odl.pdf), ‘The trained teacher means a person who has completed
NCTE recognised teacher education programme through face to face mode’.
- In-service Teacher: As per NCTE, (Recognised Norms & Procedure) Regulations, 2014. Frequently
Asked Questions on ODL Programmes (available at www.ncte-
india.org/ncte_new/pdf/faq_odl.pdf), ‘An in-service teacher means who is employed as a teacher in elementary school or elementary stage of education’.
- Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EI.Ed.) Programme, Diploma in Education (DPE) through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) or any other teacher education programme completed through ODL will not be considered as a teacher education programme for admission to B.Ed. (ODL). NCTE has mandated completion of a teacher education programme through face-to-face mode only for admission to B.Ed. (ODL).
- Along with other requisite certificates, a candidate should also ensure that s/he has the Marksheet and Certificate of completion of a teacher education programme through face-to-face mode duly recognized by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Central List will be considered.
- At the time of counselling, the candidate needs to submit a certificate to provide facilities for Practical Work including the Internship as per the format given in e-prospectus.
FEE DETAILS AND IMPORTANTDATES:
|Online Submission of Application Form (up to 11:59 pm of 01||17 June to 01 July, 2019|
|Last Date of Successful Transaction of Fee through||01 July, 2019|
|Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking up to 11:59 pm.|
|EntranceFee Payable by candidates in|
|B.Ed. Entrance Fee||Rs. 600/-|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form on Website only||02 to 03 July, 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||10 July, 2019|
|Dates of Examination||27 July, 2019|
|Duration of Examination||02 Hours|
|Timing of Examination||First Session: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Centre, Date and Shift of Examination||As indicated on the Admit Card|
- Candidates can apply for IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance test 2020 “Online” only on the website https://ntaignou.nic.in.
- Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing NTA website https://ntaignou.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode will not be accepted, in anycase.
- Before filling the online entrance form, please read carefully regarding the eligibility and programme details in e-prospectus available at https://ntaignou.nic.in, ignou.ac.in.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website https://ntaignou.nic.in, ignou.ac.in. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the given e-mail address or SMS on given mobile number only